Sunday, March 30, 2008

Campfires this week

hey guys,

there are 2 campfires coming up later this week, and I suggest sec 1s and 2s should sign up! Campfires, as you know, are a chance to interact with other Scouts and Guides and get some exposure to the host's Scouting Culture. As such, you are strongly encouraged to attend! Since RI is an all-boys school, it will be very pleasant to the eyes if you go to these campfires and interact with girl-guides from other school, and maybe get their numbers!

The first is ACS(I)'s

Details:
ACScary Movie
Date: Friday, 4th April 2008
Time: 6:45pm
Venue: ACS(I)Address: 121 Dover Road, Singapore 139650
How to get there: Take MRT to Dover. From bus-stop opposite Singapore Polytechnic, take buses 14,74 or 166. Stop opp. the school.
I/C for this campfire is Edmund Ho
HP: 91316312
Email:eddy34567@yahoo.com.sg

ACS(I) campfire is more of a 'production' or show kind, similar to ours. Expect there to be a storyline and exciting games/dances. If you are interested, please give your name to him by Saturday, 29 March

The second one is Whitley Secondary School Scout Group's
Details:
Date: Friday 5th April
Time: 7 - 9 pm
Address: Whitley Secondary School 30 Bishan Street 24, Singapore 579747
I/C for this campfire is Lee Yen Ter
HP: 98431613
Email: yenter.lee@gmail.com

Whitley Campfire is more traditional. There is less AV and technology involved and it's just a gathering of scouts around a campfire in a field. A different experience entirely, some may say it's more cosy and personal. So if you have the chance, try to go for both and see which one fits your cup of tea. Again, if interested, send your name to Yen Ter by 29 March Saturday.

Even though it will be 1 day late if you inform the I/C today, i think you will still be able to sign up for these 2 campfires, hopefully, u will be able to gain from these 2 fun events!

-----
u. sup
PL
ufo'08

p.s: please send ur patrol logs to Joel as soon as possible

No comments: